4.26.2010

Falta Epica

I understand that everyone has their beauty fail stories, and I've had my share of epic mistrials. But today I thought that I was a seasoned stylist who would have no problem dying my hair really quickly at 11 p.m. I didn't want to wait another 5 days when I planned to wash my hair again so I figured why not? I've dyed it at 10-15 times before (including once when i had a dark red lions mane and once when I highlighted my flyaways blonde.) 


Can we say EPIC FAIL?


I have naturally medium brown hair that I loved. I say loved because I haven't had it that color since I was 15 when I got the afore mentioned bleach blonde tiger stripes. Ever since then I've dyed my hair every shade of brown possible. No exaggeration: auburn, mahogany, ash, caramel, chocolate, maroon, umber, sienna, sandy, orange, and everything in between. For my sisters wedding I dyed my hair a dark chocolate brown and decided last week that I was going to go back to a light brown. 


I got the urge today after some great news (keep ur fingers crossed and I'll let you know asap) so I decided to get my mom to dye it. Mind you she's dyed it 75% of the time when I do it so that was not the issue, the issue was when I decided to listen to her about how to treat it after. 


Mistake 1: I normally leave it in for 25-30 mins, I left it in for 45-50
Mistake 2: I normally resume normal activity while waiting, I turned the fan off and tried to get my body temp up.
Mistake 3: I didn't shampoo it out (I know you're not supposed to but with my hair it's always worked better if I do)
Mistake 4: I didn't fix it when she left my roots in extra long


DRUMROLL PLEASE...............



I'm a mess, I can't dye it for another week because I don't want to damage my hair. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it? What crazy things have you done to your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment