1.31.2010

Back to the Basics

Anyone can put on a outfit, the important thing is to WEAR the outfit. Be proud of what you put together. You spent time buying each piece and creating a look so wear it with confidence...but more on that later. Today I'm going to focus on something that a lot of girls don't pay attention to and it needs to be said; the focus of every good outfit isn't your new couture piece, it's your face. 

When someone notices your outfit they want to know who's rocking it, they want to give credit to the creator! If they look up and see someone with explosive acne, puffy eyes, too much makeup, and oily skin they're immediately going to forget the positive. Despite the fact that it's your selling point when you meet people, you only have one face your whole life...take care of it! By not washing, moisturizing, etc you're going to end up looking 30 when you're 20. (Thanks Mama for the important lesson learned.)

So here are some basic simple steps that can help you get that flawless glow.

Start with a good face wash, no two people have the same skin so look for something that fits your skin problems. I have extremely oily skin and occasional break outs so I use Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash. 

Every few days I also use an exfoliator that gets rid of all the dirt and dead skin on my face. It's important to use it every few days or weekly and not as your primary face wash or you'll get dried brittle skin. 

The weather isn't just a boring topic of discussion, it's a fashionistas' worst nightmare if you don't take the right precautions. To keep your skin looking young and hydrated (because fresh is always in) make sure you use a moisturizer, this is one place you shouldn't mind splurging. Find one that works for your skin type and put it on first thing after you wash your face. Make sure it has SPF in it so it protects you from the harsh sunrays!

Everyone has a hectic life with work, school, social lives, etc. and sometimes we don't make sleep a priority. Now there is no alternative to some good zzz's but there is a little helper that can help you out every once in a while. I don't drink caffeine but I'll put some of Garnier's Anti-Puff (caffeinated) skin renew roller on. It's a life saver when you're running late or just having one of those days, just roll it on and wait a few minutes!

Make up is going to be a long discussion in my blog and since I can't customize this for everyone, in this particular case I'm going to have to generalize. If you never really got the hang of make up or don't really like caking on the layers, you're not alone. I used to cake on, pile on, blush, shadow, curl, and powder EVERYTHING. Then I realized that I'm young, I have a healthy face and I shouldn't hide it under makeup. So now I just focus on fixing the flaws of my face and slightly enhancing my favorite features. 

There is SOO much more I could say, but let's just say for all you beginners and lost souls (aren't we all) start with Bare Essentials starter kit. You can get it online for a fraction of the price in store and you have a money back guarantee. It's light, simple, and customized to your skin. 

At the end of every day, it's important to take off your makeup and go to bed with clear healthy skin! Good skin takes time and effort, but it's the first thing employers look at, it's what differentiates you from the rest of the world, and it's the frame around your smile! And a good smile goes a long, long way!

Until Tomorrow, 
I2ae





No comments:

Post a Comment