1.31.2010

Defying Gravitfy


If there's one thing I hate about fashion, it's that people tell you that there are certain things you can't pull of because of either your body type, skin color, or height. I know that anyone can pull anything off with if they wear it with confidence (and a little common sense.) 

Today I'm going to focus on the big girls, because of our size we assume that hundreds of fashion trends and staples are eliminated from our fashion palette. Well to those people who tell use no, I say SCREW YOU. I'm going to defy it all.

Horizontal Stripes 
God I love stripes, I don't know where my weird obsession come from but I can't help myself. They're so basic yet they can add the perfect definition to any outfit! I generally wear striped tops and cardigans in darker colors by themselves or a bold striped cami with a fun cardigan on top. Make sure that it fits you well and that you can see all the stripes evenly, no one wants to play follow the mystery line into roll city!

Oversized Clothing
It seems like fashion dictates that as big girls we have to wear clothes that are fitted and pressed to our body. That's great because it shows off our curves but what about all those big comfy clothes that we want to snuggle into?! Well I say go for it, we deserve to  be comfortable and casual too. I generally tend to buy a size smaller so I'm not lost in the piece and stick to neutral colors. If you go for a bold colored piece of oversized clothing, keep the rest of your outfit neutral. It's all about balance!

Skinny Jeans
God help me if another magazine tells me that only straight jeans flatter me. I HATE THEM! I would much rather throw on some dark skinnys and rock around town. The important keys to finding the perfect skinnys are to make sure they are the perfect length (ankle), dark wash, great fitting. Skinnys are tighter than most jeans so you don't want to find a pair that are going to give you a muffin top or a pair that force you to keep standing. 

Ankle Shoes
This is one that I do think comes with limitation, but as a passionate lover of shoes I make it work. With the weather right now, everyone is backing out of knee high boots and slowly sinking into ankle boots or the new ankle sandals. I've been on a hunt for the perfect pair of ankle boots forever but that's because I have a super specific pair in mind. Make sure they fit well and don't make your foot look distorted, then look for one that stays upright without help. 

Oversized bags
As a bigger girl shouldn't we be allowed to carry more stuff? Find a bag that makes you happy, one that's practical and pretty at the same time. It's easier said than done, trust me. Find something that you can wear with hundreds of outfits and that will last forever. Since bags cost more than clothes, it's important to make them staples instead of trend pieces. 

Big earrings
I love breaking this rule. I have a round face just like plenty of big girls. I believe that my earrings bring attention to my face, which I love. Wear earrings that blend with your outfit or that is the only stand out piece. Make sure you buy earrings that are comfortable and good quality.  

Presenting...an outfit that defy's it all under a budget!!!

























Forever21



Until Tomorrow...
I2ae

No comments:

Post a Comment