2.01.2010

V Magazine

What kind of BBB would I be if I didn't talk about the AMAZING V Magazine size issue from last month? I'm so bummed that I didn't get a copy, I would do anything to have one but until then I'll just stare at these!


The fact that they had two covers made a statement to the general juxtaposition of the industry's view on beauty. The two images are equally stunning but represent the opposite ends of the spectrum. We all fall somewhere in between!

Love her legs in here (and shoes)

I love her stomach and face! She's so fierce and confident and I would totally rock that outfit after seeing this picture. She makes me want to WORK IT OUT!

The fact that this picture is the promotional pic for the entire campaign makes me believe that V Magazine believes its message in the issue rather than just another publicity stunt. I also love that they didn't retouch all of her skin discoloration, as a colored girl it makes me happy to know that we're all a little multi tonal on the inside...hehe. 



I haven't seen 'Precious'  yet but I have seen plenty of Sidibes' interviews and love her humility; she needs to frame this picture for real. Like over her bathroom...or instead of her bathroom mirror. 

But my FAVORITE part of the issue is the side by side they did of the regular/plus model! Crystal looks smokin' (as always) and she makes me want to buy the FABULOUS clothes even more!

Is it just me or am I going to surrender my life to the stylist who picked the shoes in this issue?

I read in an interview with the editor that the issue wasn't made for the BBB girls out there but instead to shock and redefine the layman's definition of beauty. 


The world would be a boring place if everyone was a size 2. I love being a size 22, just like I love a giant cup of hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. F.A.T (Fabulous and Thick) folks know that it's the extras in life - like pounds, cash and love - that give us the character. Embrace the extras, Baby!"
-- Mo'Nique

Until Tomorrow...
I2ae

No comments:

Post a Comment