6.23.2010

Getup Threads

This isn't exactly an outfit post but due to my lack thereof I figured I'd post a hair post! I'm staying at my sister's place while she's on here honeymoon because it's dramatically closer for me to go to my internship. I woke up at like 7 as per every other day but didn't have to wake up until 8:30!

So what did I do-Easy! Watched Saved by the Bell reruns and played with my hair.




This is the perfect look after you've rocked some beach waves for a few days and want to change it up and show off your summer glow! 

1. Comb through your hair with your fingers to get it smooth and in order to remove some of the frizz. 
2. Put a small amount of product (moose, gel, serum) in your palms and rub it from your forehead to your crown along your roots in order to prevent frizz and is maintained throughout the day.
3. An inch behind the top of your ear take a square centimeter of hair (make sure it's a long piece and not a layer) Comb and straighten if necessary. 
4. Tightly braid the piece to the end and fasten with a rubber band (using a rubber material is better than a fabric scrunchie in this case)
5. Tease the crown of your head and secure all of your hair in a pony tail without the braid.
6. Take the braid across your head and secure with a safety pin on the other side!

Tips:
Tuck the braid under hair so the rubber band isn't seen and secure with a bobby pin.
Tease and curl pony tail if needed for more dramatic look.

I hate the fact that I can never find fake braids in my hair color and this was my quick solution. My only complaint was that it was one of those days where you look supercute but no one sees your outfit. Oh well...I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment